A natural, non-invasive approach to health care. As chiropractors, we know our bodies have innate intelligence: the ability to thrive and heal itself. Our brains and nervous system control every function in our body. Our cranium and vertebral column house and protect these structures. When the cranium or vertebrae become misaligned or lose its mobility, it causes interference of the nervous system. When the nervous system cannot communicate efficiently, the organs and tissues they supply cannot function to the best of their ability.
At Healing Hands Family Chiropractic, we address physical, chemical, and emotional stressors that can cause vertebral subluxation. We provide gentle manual adjustments (hands-on) and instrument-assisted adjustments to restore proper cranial and spinal function, thus relieving pressure off the nervous system. We are trained in a variety of techniques including Diversified, Thompson Technique, Activator Methods, SOT, Cox-flexion Distraction, and are Webster Technique certified. We also offer a variety of soft tissue modalities listed and described in our services tab.
We serve all ages from newborn to elderly. All of our patients receive care customized to their comfort and need.
Intersegmental Traction (IST) tables gently increase the mobility and flexibility of the spinal joints. These tables also help with muscle relaxation and decrease muscle spasm. The table is equipped with two rollers under the surface that roll up and down the spine.
At Healing Hands Family Chiropractic, we believe pregnancy should be enjoyable and without dis-ease. With that belief, we will strive to help you feel great during yours! We have specific training and provide a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment called the Webster Technique. This technique reduces the interference on the nervous system while balancing the pelvic bones, muscles, and ligaments.
All of this improves the ability of the mother’s pelvis to function better and possibly allowing for optimal fetal positioning and easier labor and deliveries. We provide gentle adjustments to the rest of the spine/body, home care and exercise recommendations, nutritional guidance, and a listening ear and advice when needed throughout all trimesters of pregnancy.
People often ask us why we adjust infants and children and our answer is “why not?”. Their craniums and spine can develop restrictions and misalignments that create interference on the nervous system just like adults. Those subluxations can develop from traumas or everyday life. Intra-uterine constraint (before birth), birth and learning to sit up, crawl, walk, run, and jump, as well as carrying a book bag, athletics, and poor student or gaming posture have been shown to produce stress on the cranium and spine and nervous system.
We address physical, chemical, and emotional stressors that could be creating tension in the body. We provide very gentle and specific adjustments to ensure the best spinal alignment for your little.
Things we often see patients with: colic, digestive issues, bed-wetting, poor sleep, poor posture, behavioral problems, asthma/allergies, ear infections, neuro-sensory dysfunction. NOTE: we do not treat these conditions, we remove interference from the nervous system so the body can function to the best of its ability.
By the Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA), Rule Number 1, Section 1, Article 1, chiropractors are licensed health care practitioners authorized to perform this examination. Healing Hands Family Chiropractic provides sports physicals to anyone in need.
An alternative therapy that can aid in pain relief, inflammation, blood flow, and relaxation. We use plastic cups and a rubber pump to create a vacuum between your skin and the cup. Your skin rises and reddens as the vessels beneath expand.
We will leave cups in places for a few minutes or move them around to create a massage life effect. This loosens the tissues beneath the surface restoring proper blood flow and mobility.
AKA Fascial Movement Taping (FMT)
RockTape is an American developed product consisting of flexible cotton and nylon fibers and acrylic adhesive that provides the support, stimulation, and resiliency necessary for rehabilitation, injury prevention, postural support, and performance enhancement.
FMT can be used in many stages of corrective and performance care:
- Rehab Specific Taping: demystifying kinesiology taping for acute pain control
- Edema Control Taping: a simple yet effective method to reduce swelling and chronic edema
- Postural Taping: a structural approach which corrects postural bio-mechanical dysfunction
- Neurological Taping: a taping method to augment neuro-mobilization (nerve flossing) techniques
- Pregnancy Taping: focuses on common physical ailments experienced by pregnant women. Of course, many of these problems are not issues that only pregnant women face
- PowerTaping Method for Sports Performance: a revolutionary new concept that can be used to proactively improve performance for competitive athletes
- Early Performance Fatigue
- Prolonged Recovery
- Tightness in Muscles, Tendons, and Ligamentous Fibers
- Swelling and Edema
- Coordination Loss
- Balance Insufficiencies
- Speed Loss
- Poor Muscle Activation (Timing and Rhythm)
- Muscle Inhibition
- Movement Pattern Dysfunction
- Open Wounds
- Adhesive Allergies
- Skin Lesions
- Infants, Toddler, or Children who cannot communicate
Graston Technique is an evidence-based form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively address scar tissue and fascial restrictions, resulting in improved patient outcomes.
The technique uses specifically-designed stainless steel instruments, along with appropriate therapeutic exercise, to specifically detect and effectively treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis (scar tissue) or chronic inflammation. The instruments also are used diagnostically to follow the kinetic chain to locate and treat the cause of the symptom as well as the specific area of pain.
Patients usually receive two treatments per week during a four-to-five week period. Most patients have a positive response by the third or fourth treatment.
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
- Cervical sprain/strain (neck pain)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (wrist pain)
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis (shoulder pain)
- Achilles Tendonosis (ankle pain)
- Scar Tissue
- Shin Splints
- Lumbar sprain/strain (low back pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis (foot pain)
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer’s Elbow)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (knee pain)
- Trigger Finger
Official Website: http://www.grastontechnique.com/home